FORUMS: list search recent posts

Typowind with After Effects

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elvi05
Typowind with After Effects
on Sep 15, 2006 at 7:58:13 am

Hello,

ive heard about the outstanding effects I could make with the Trapcode Plug-Ins in After Effects, so I was trying to use them but Im not very familiar with After Effects so I dont know if the Trapcode Plug-Ins can do what I need.

I have a signature and I want to let them came into the scense like a wind.
At the moment I let them came in on a path, and this looks like a worm running. Thats not what I have in mind.

So my question is. Can I use Trapcode Plug-Ins to work with letters and signatures and if so is there a tutorial or an easy way to explane it to me?

I hope you understand what I mean. English is not my mother language.

Thanks

Elvi

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Typowind with After Effects
on Sep 16, 2006 at 8:32:00 am

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but there is a tutorial for blowing sand here at the COW somewhere in the tutorials section. A simple way to achieve such a setup with Particular would e.g. be to use your signature as a layer emitter (animate the reveal and put it in a pre-composition), blow away the particles by animating the wind strengths and then again pre-compose that sequence and time-reverse it.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

elvi05
on Sep 17, 2006 at 5:32:35 pm

Hello Mylenium,

thanks for your answer.
I

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Sep 18, 2006 at 5:57:31 am

Sure there is. You need to create your letters in a sub-composition and use them as custom particles. So e.g. create a 26 frame comp and place text layers in it for each letter. Make sure they are only one frame long. Us that composition as a custom particle in your main comp and use one of the split clip methods. Set the number of clips to 26 and you should get the entire base alphabet as custom particles. The downside is that you can't exactly control how the letters will be used, so if you need special words you should use normal text layers with text animators and somewhere transition them to your particles using a simple dissolve (use lots of motion blur and it looks okay).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Santiago
on Sep 18, 2006 at 4:40:21 pm

I guess what was meant is the handwriting effect at the end of this video:
http://www.trapcode.com/gallery/bandemo_h.mov

I didn't try this effect til now, but for me it looks as if there are 2 paths:
1. Text Path of the Handwriting (it's easy to do an handwriting effect with Stroke)
2. A chaotic 3D Path that follows the first path and gives it a windy style and look as if the text flys in.

Anyone else have ideas?

Greets @ all.

Return to posts index

elvi05
on Sep 19, 2006 at 3:05:02 pm

Hello,

thanks again for the answers, but I have to confess that I dont realy understand what you want to explain to me.
Its not the language its my low skill with After Effects at this time.

Could you do me a favour in showing me what you told me before in an AE example?

If this is not possible is there a way to explain it to a beginner like me?

thanks a lot

Elvi

elwirabed@web.de

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]