FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particles following a Radio Wave

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bradcowan
Particles following a Radio Wave
on Sep 6, 2006 at 4:58:36 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a Particular layer so it emits particles following a radio wave effect on another layer. The Radio Wave is set up to Sawtooth In so the outer edge of the effect is hard and it eventually fades away. I want there to be particles also emitting from this outer edge. I set up the radio wave layer the way I need it but I tried to create another layer with the emitter set to Layer and when I select the radio wave layer nothing happens. It should look similar to a 'space explosion'. I appreciate any help!

Return to posts index

zuktoor2
Re: Particles following a Radio Wave
on Sep 11, 2006 at 12:42:11 pm

I think you forgot to turn the layer you've selected in particular into a 3D layer

Return to posts index

zuktoor2
on Sep 12, 2006 at 4:01:31 pm

Hi Bradcowan,

Sorry, I messed up yesterday, thought you were working on an AUDIO WAVEFORM, Hi checked your message again this morning and realized you were talking about radio wave.

I just did what you want to do in five minutes, Just create a circle with a hole in the middle on illustrator (with pathfinder "shape mode" substract to make the hole

import it in AE tick the 3D box and choose it as your layer emitter in particular.
You just have now to animate your scale property and you'll have a supercool shockwave explosion.

Return to posts index

bradcowan
on Sep 12, 2006 at 4:10:53 pm

Thanks! I'll try it and post the results!

Return to posts index

bradcowan
on Sep 12, 2006 at 6:46:05 pm

It is working exactly as you described. Thanks so much. Do you know of any way to get the particles to trail away from the outer edge of the radio wave as opposed to emitting out of the center? I'm looking for a kind of sparkling trail from the wave.

Return to posts index

zuktoor2
on Sep 14, 2006 at 11:58:06 am

Hi, I could find a way to emit the particles only from the outer edge of the ring, however, if you put the opacity of the ring a 1% and you scale the ring it looks like the "shockwave" is coming at you, pretty cool stuff! you can even rotate the ring and the particles will rotate too.

Return to posts index

gcole_5
on Sep 16, 2006 at 3:08:26 pm

Here is a file at TrapcodePeople for what you are describing... Perhaps it can help shed some light on getting the particles to 'trail' (uses Aux system).

http://www.trapcode-people.net/filedetails.php?fileid=77

Return to posts index

bradcowan
on Sep 18, 2006 at 2:37:01 pm

Wow! This is exactly the look I was trying to achieve! Thanks so much everybody for helping me out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]