FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to emulate an effect using Particular with the Birds.aep file

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gallion311
Trying to emulate an effect using Particular with the Birds.aep file
on Sep 5, 2006 at 8:58:40 pm

Whats up guys, posted this in Trapcode people as well...

I'm trying to emulate an effect I saw in a Staind video a while back where a guy turns into a flock of birds as he jumps off a cliff.

Here's the video clip; first one on the page
http://video.aol.com/videocategory/staind/409_366456

The effect occurs at about 2m 55s.

I found the .aep file on here that replicates a flock of birds and I'm using that as my start.

Here's where I'm stuck...

My first guess was that I would use a cutout of my subject as a Layer emitter. So the bird particles would outline the subject and fly away at a certain frame. The problem is that in order to accurately fill up the subject I would need a ridiculous amount of birds, and I can't quite get the settings right no matter how much I tweak.

My solution is too "trace" the subject with birds by hand. So if I want 20 different birds to disperse from the subject I'd make 20 different instances of Particular and place each bird by hand, that way it fills up the subject like a puzzle.

Here's what I need to know; how would I set this up so each bird would have a seperate flight path? It would look pretty stupid if all the birds moved and flew identically. I need something like a random seed variable that I can adjust for each Particular instance. I plan on using the same birds.aep file mentioned above, but have each instance emit only 1 bird. So how do I make it so each bird flys a little bit different?

Unless someone thinks that this could be accomplished using a Layer emitter but I was getting no where with that.

Hope this makes sense, I'd be happy to elaborate on anything that could help you better understand the effect.

Thanks!
gallion311

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]