FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to emulate an effect using Particular with the Birds.aep file

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trying to emulate an effect using Particular with the Birds.aep file
on Sep 5, 2006 at 8:58:40 pm

Whats up guys, posted this in Trapcode people as well...

I'm trying to emulate an effect I saw in a Staind video a while back where a guy turns into a flock of birds as he jumps off a cliff.

Here's the video clip; first one on the page

The effect occurs at about 2m 55s.

I found the .aep file on here that replicates a flock of birds and I'm using that as my start.

Here's where I'm stuck...

My first guess was that I would use a cutout of my subject as a Layer emitter. So the bird particles would outline the subject and fly away at a certain frame. The problem is that in order to accurately fill up the subject I would need a ridiculous amount of birds, and I can't quite get the settings right no matter how much I tweak.

My solution is too "trace" the subject with birds by hand. So if I want 20 different birds to disperse from the subject I'd make 20 different instances of Particular and place each bird by hand, that way it fills up the subject like a puzzle.

Here's what I need to know; how would I set this up so each bird would have a seperate flight path? It would look pretty stupid if all the birds moved and flew identically. I need something like a random seed variable that I can adjust for each Particular instance. I plan on using the same birds.aep file mentioned above, but have each instance emit only 1 bird. So how do I make it so each bird flys a little bit different?

Unless someone thinks that this could be accomplished using a Layer emitter but I was getting no where with that.

Hope this makes sense, I'd be happy to elaborate on anything that could help you better understand the effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved