FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blowing a Text Logo away into bits of snow

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kakarutsu
Blowing a Text Logo away into bits of snow
on Aug 30, 2006 at 6:22:45 am

I'm pretty close to a solution on this, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried to blow away a logo using Particular.

The problem I'm having is getting a clean dissolve from the logo text layer to the first frame with particles. As you know, it takes a second or so to generate enough layer particles to fill the logo (and those particles must have velocity set to zero in order for them to stick around). It would be nice if Particular allowed you to start off the first frame with all 200,000 particles on screen -- but it doesn't. Anyway, I've ended up doing a lot of keyframing and it's coming out fairly nicely, but I'm wondering if there's a better solution.

I've seen the sand tutorial on creative cow and I don't really care for the AE particle program.

(This has been particularly (ha ha) tricky because I'm trying to keep the size of the particles down to a minimum.)

Any help would be appreciated.

-Kakarutsu

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Blowing a Text Logo away into bits of snow
on Aug 30, 2006 at 8:26:40 pm

There is a "Pre-Run" setting in the Options screen for Particular. However it is not always that it works to full satisfaction, but give it a go!

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Kakarutsu
on Aug 30, 2006 at 8:50:01 pm

Thanks for that info. That's definitely good to know. However, I still can't get the particles to go from stop to flying away -- at least easily. It would be nice to be able to keyframe the velocity of a particle over its lifetime.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Aug 31, 2006 at 2:14:30 pm

[Kakarutsu] "Thanks for that info. That's definitely good to know. However, I still can't get the particles to go from stop to flying away -- at least easily. It would be nice to be able to keyframe the velocity of a particle over its lifetime."

Wrong approach. Do not use velocity, use wind and gravity (which in your case would look bette, anyways)

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]