nebula

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bembler
nebula
on Aug 18, 2006 at 1:13:22 pm

hi together
I tried this tutorial from Serge Hamad
(Creating a Nebula: Part One of the Golden COW by Serge Hamad)
- really excellent
but what I want to do is to make some nebula with strong nebula and very light nebula. the camera should fly through it - all this with particular. are there any tutorials ?
for me it is a little bit difficult
thanks for any suggestions
with greetings from munich

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: nebula
on Aug 19, 2006 at 11:33:36 am

If you need a flythrough nebula, go to my website and download my Particular starfield presets. One of them contains a space nebula which should give you some ideas.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

bembler
on Aug 20, 2006 at 11:17:25 am

thanks for this tip
I tried with several settings
particel size: 30
opacity: 5
opacity random:100
transfermode
but always when I'm flying through this nebula that doesn't look like realistic nebula. There are some interferences like when you throw several stones into water. Could anyone help ?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Aug 21, 2006 at 5:53:09 am

You can't exactly get rid of the artifacting. Since Particular is no real volumetric rendering engine, it has no way of knowing where the particles overlap exactly in 3D space and the simple blending of the sprites can cause Z-clip errors (Particular can't decide which particle is in front of another). Basically all you can do is to increase the number of particles until the volume is dense enough so the flaws are covered up by otehr particles. Another approach may be doing the exact opposite - use a rather large custom particle (Fractal Noise), but only very few of them and rather far apart.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

bembler
on Aug 21, 2006 at 10:59:06 am

thanks Mylenium, I will try
greetings from munich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]