FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tricky Question...3D Stroke tracked by an illustrator file

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
djelder
Tricky Question...3D Stroke tracked by an illustrator file
on Jun 23, 2006 at 3:48:33 pm

Hi,

I am working with 3D stoke to animate a headphone cord plugging into a headphone input. So I have the 3D stroke working in the Z- axis with Bend, and then I have a illustrator drawing that I want to follow the 3D stroke from start to end, w/o have to animate the whole movement every frame. I have been trying to play around with different expression set-ups but I haven't been successful, does anyone know of an expression that would track the 3D strokes position with the bend and z-axis in use?

Daniel Elder
Associate Producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

djelder
Re:Please help.3D Stroke tracked by an illustrator file
on Jun 23, 2006 at 6:00:43 pm

I am wondering if the only solution to the earlier question is to keyframe about 50 keyframes in the position and try to mimick the Z-Axis as best I can, from the earlier question. The main question I guess would be trying to tie the object to the 3D Stroke Mask? Or any other ideas welcomed. Thanks

Daniel Elder
Associate Producer

Return to posts index

Sicmonkey
Re: Re:Please help.3D Stroke tracked by an illustrator file
on Jun 23, 2006 at 9:29:39 pm

Daniel,
If you have Particular 1.5 you can skip 3d stroke altogether. This gives you real 3D that can wrap around images.
Create a motion path using a light and animate its position by copying and pasting the illustrator path to its position parameter. you can adjust speed acordingly. use a 3D null to rotate the light to your liking which will give you the proper perspective.
Use the sphere partical with 0 velocity and a lot of particals per second. adjust the death rate and other parameters to create a tapered stroke.
check out trapcode for a basic tut on setting up a motion path with particular.
Good luck,
Sicmonkey

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jun 24, 2006 at 8:01:38 am

You can't attach anything to 3DStroke easily since the plugin does not expose the coordiantes of the Stroke after the transform... Manual matching is pretty much the only solution. If you can, try to approach this in particular as already suggested. It's much simpler to do there.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

djelder
on Jun 26, 2006 at 3:11:23 pm

Hi, I actually did a really cool thing, to attempt at attaching the file to the 3D stroke. I used motion tracker, and worked the file backwards and was able to track the motion, then from there I attached an expression to the tracker keyframes and it tracked the 3D stroke pretty well. Now I am trying to do the same idea but tracking the rotation. If anyone has any ideas on how I can track the rotation, please feel free to input those ideas. I have a basic rotation tracker with the two tracking points, but when I attached the object to the rotation, it pretty much just spins around, I would like it to follow that motion more fluidly, but I will do some more tests and see what I come up with. Thanks

Daniel Elder
Associate Producer

Return to posts index

djelder
on Jun 26, 2006 at 7:12:34 pm

TO Solve this problem I just went ahead and keyframed the the whole thing, manually. It would be nice figure out the rotation part of things, it worked nicely for the scale and positioning keyframes to work with motion track on the 3D Stroke.

Daniel Elder
Associate Producer

Return to posts index

Amr Toukhy
on Jul 12, 2006 at 8:10:20 pm

Salam,

An idea just crossed my mind,
01) Duplicate your 3D strok layer
02) Move it like 10 pixs up and 10 pixs right...
03) Try to change the color of the duplicated line...
04) Track the DUAL line animation now the tracker should detect rotation...
05) Use the tracking info for your object
06) Remove the reference duplicated 3D strok line...

hope it will work..

Peace,
Amr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]