FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular: Emitting From Edge Of Layer?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd
Particular: Emitting From Edge Of Layer?
by
on Jun 20, 2006 at 4:32:33 pm

I'm wondering if there is anyway in particular to have it emit particles from the edge of a layer as opposed to the entire layer.

Example. I have a keyed logo and I'm doing a smash into a wall. I am using a Particular layer that is referencing the logo as the emitter on a layer below the actual logo. It emits the particles but they emit from the entire logo and I would like them to basically look like they are emitting from the edges (where it meets the background) or at least be much more pronounced there.

It doesn't look bad how it is now, but I'm just wondering if there is a way to do what I want so I can compare the two. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular: Emitting From Edge Of Layer?
on Jun 20, 2006 at 4:47:56 pm

Particular will emit from whatever you feed it so you could use something first to extact the edges (Find Edges etc..), but remember it has to be applied in the pre-comp.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Todd
by
on Jun 20, 2006 at 4:57:34 pm

Thanks Peder, that idea actually crossed my mind but for whatever reason I wasn't thinking it would work. I will definately try it out tonight. I'm thinking I'll just provide a keyed layer that is basically just a few pixel stroke of the edge of the logo. That should do the trick!

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jun 21, 2006 at 10:12:13 am

If the edge is thin, you'll have to considerably crank up Particles/sec to get enough particles.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]