FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using particular in a 3D scene with alphas

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane
Using particular in a 3D scene with alphas
on May 19, 2006 at 3:35:34 am

I will be rendering an animation of some object (in Cinema 4D), and I want to use particular to create an explosion between the objects. The camera will be moving around the objects seeing the explosion. Last time I tried this, I forgot to render out alpha channels, and the explosion appeared as if it was on top of the animation, and didnt look right. I know I need alpha channels for this, so what would be the correct way to do this?

The explosion needs to be between the objects, and in front of another as the camera rotates around.

I have the ability in C4D to render out alpha channels of any (or all) tha objects in the scene, I just need to know how to set them up in AE so they will look correct.

Thanks
Shane

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Using particular in a 3D scene with alphas
on May 19, 2006 at 6:43:29 am

You don't need separate Alphas but rather a depth channel. This can then be referenced in the visibility options of Particular. By animating the near and far points, you can get proper overlap.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Shane
on May 19, 2006 at 9:24:58 pm

Ok, I think I understand what you are saying, but what do you mean by "animating the near and far points"?

In C4D, if I want to render out a seperate depth channel, I have to enable the DOF on the camera (rear blur or front blur), but when I render the picture, it will be blurred since the DOF is enabled. Perhaps I need to set the blur percentage to 0%. Do you think this will effect the depth map?

The animation im making is of the inside of an engine. The camera will pan around inside the motor, and then rotate around the top of the piston as the gas and air ignite causing an explosion (particular), the only thing is that there will be valves and stuff in the way, and the explosion will need to apear behind most of it, instead of in front of it, thats why I originally that I needed alphas for all the objects.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on May 21, 2006 at 4:41:21 pm

Dunno much about the specifics of C4D at this point - since I don't have the money to get a full version at the moment, I only have the demo and admittedly I'm spending not nearly enough time with it. Like I said, you can assign your image sequence as a Z-Buffer in the visibility options for Particular. It also provides options for Near and Far Vanish, which you should animate according to your animation to get the depth obscuration you need.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]