FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vibrating TEXT

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
meanmeech
Vibrating TEXT
on May 9, 2006 at 3:48:55 pm

Hi, I have been using the soundkeys plugin for AE, and I have seen the airbase.aep example. I have a project which I require a line of text to vibrate in the same way.

I have been trying to see how you have managed to make the strings in airbase.aep vibrate but I am having problems with the masking layer, please can anyone help and explain how it works?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Vibrating TEXT
on May 10, 2006 at 8:57:21 am

What would you want to do with a mask on a text layer? you should add a position animator and connect Soundkeys to it. Then it's all just a matter of adjusting the animator's range and falloff...

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

meanmeech
on May 10, 2006 at 9:48:19 am

Thanks for the response.

I have tried this but the amount of text being using in this project is a chapter of a descent sized book.

The visual look I am trying to achieve is:

A string of text with move from point A to point B. (This I know how to do.) The tricky part is whilst the text is in motion from A to B the text also vibrates to the sound of the music. (Like a guitar string when plucked.)

Can anyone advise me on how to do this?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on May 10, 2006 at 10:11:34 am

Yeah, I kinda get the picture, but that would still be doable with text paths using the left margin property... This way you wouldn't actually be moving the text, but change its position along the path, leaving all animators intact without much trouble.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on May 10, 2006 at 10:12:19 am

Yeah, I kinda get the picture, but that would still be doable with text paths using the left margin property... This way you wouldn't actually be moving the text, but change its position along the path, leaving all animators intact without much trouble.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

meanmeech
on May 10, 2006 at 10:24:42 am

Your going to wish you never picked up this thread... Sorry in advance.

Will this create a problem if I have two static animations at point A and the other at point B? With the margins moving, wouldn't the whole workspace be moving?

I am still very new to using AF, would it be possible to send me an example or instructions on how to do this?

If you can help me with this, I will (with your permission), add your name in the credits when my exibition is held London.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on May 10, 2006 at 11:10:10 am

Nope, the text animation does not affect the physical layout of your comp. Text margin in AE's terms means the leftmost edge of the text (or rightmost, depending on how it's aligned) and from there it calculates the actual pixel dimensions of the text layer (the text bounding box, as it is usually refered to) The beauty of it is that the layer itself technically remains static (the anchorPoint remains in the same place) so your stationary animation shouldn't be affected. It will only follow the mask/ path curvature and adapt automatically. I can't quite picture the layout of your comp, so perhaps you could send a screenshot or the project itself, so I may take a look at it when I'm back at my computer this evening. Just zip it up and fire it to mylenium (-at-) mylenium.de . I'm using AE 6.5 and 7 on a PC.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

meanmeech
on May 10, 2006 at 12:39:12 pm

Mylenium, I can't thank you enough.

I have been playing around with masks, and I was wondering, is it possible to minipulate the shape of the mask? IE, make the mask move to the beat of music (using sound keys?). If it was possible, then the text could follow the path of the mask?

Thanks again, I will create a rough screenshot and email you later. Cheers.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on May 10, 2006 at 4:39:24 pm

Well, masks and attaching them to anything is a very touchy topic in AE. Neither does AE provide native means nor do the third-party tools that could do this in an interactive fashion (as effects or via expressions) seem to be around any longer. At the moment only some scripts can do it by using dummy layers and applying their position data to the mask points. due to the nature of scripts it's very slow though and prone to problems and errors of any kind. Masks can be animated using the stopwatch on the mask shape property, though. Sounds like that isn't an option for your kind of stuff.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

meanmeech
on May 11, 2006 at 9:40:59 am

Please can you point me in the right direction on where I can read about scripting and using dummy layers.

Kind Regards...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]