FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emitting a Single Particle

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Bellune
Emitting a Single Particle
on May 7, 2006 at 2:18:57 am

Hi all,

I want to create an emitter that emits a single particle with a "life" that is the length of the comp. The single particle will be used as an overlay for another emitter to increase the other emitter's source-point "intensity". The single particle must be animatable by position so that it can move with the other emitter.

I'm posting my solution, but I would like some advice on whether or not there is an easier method. I tend to be a "brute force" animator who is always in search of a more elegant solution:

1. Set the particle type, opacity and color as desired.
2. Set the emitter to emit at the frame rate of the comp (say, 30 fps).
3. Set the particle life to the inverse of the comp's frame rate (say, 1/30th of a second)
4. In the Options dialog, set Pre-Run to 100%

This method works in this specific case, but I'm afraid I'm making this harder than it has to be.

Thanks for any input,
-Jeff

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Emitting a Single Particle
on May 7, 2006 at 8:28:30 pm

There seems to be no need for a particle system if it is just one particle... Instead just create one layer and link the position to the Emitter Position coords in Particular.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Emitting a Single Particle
on May 7, 2006 at 10:24:00 pm

But then I lose the ability to customize/modify the single particle right in AE using Particular's controls if I modify the main emitter.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]