FORUMS: list search recent posts

particular custom

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elgranhuja
particular custom
on May 3, 2006 at 10:17:51 pm

I've noticed that whenever i use a custom image as a particle and set the Random size to 100, it will actualy make some particles bigger than the custom image resulting in poor quality. Anyone come acorss this problem? try a test!!
another thing i've noticed, if i use a vector version of the image, and collapse transformation on the vector image to keep it looking good, AND SET in particular Particle size to 100, the particles will be smaller than the vecor image I'm using. Weird!

PS. Both the bitmat custom and vector custom image i'm using have not been precomped.

can anyone explain?

thanks

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: particular custom
on May 3, 2006 at 11:22:00 pm

[elgranhuja] "I've noticed that whenever i use a custom image as a particle and set the Random size to 100, it will actualy make some particles bigger than the custom image resulting in poor quality."

Just decrease the Particle>Size property to taste.

[elgranhuja] "another thing i've noticed, if i use a vector version of the image, and collapse transformation on the vector image to keep it looking good, AND SET in particular Particle size to 100, the particles will be smaller than the vecor image I'm using. Weird!"

I do not reccomend using collapse transformation on the particle layer. It will make everything very slow and not look very good anyway. It's better to simply use a larger image (or scale up a vector layer in a pre-comp). The Particle>Size value is in pixels btw.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

elgranhuja
on May 3, 2006 at 11:31:45 pm

thanks, i tried making the particles smaller and works fine, and did some render tests and like you said, i'm better off not collapsing. I still think it's anoying everytime i randonize size to make sure the largets random image does not become larger than the original...i guess i could always write a random script for that setting, i'll try that. thanks

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 4, 2006 at 1:00:37 am

The randomness works like this:

0 means size is Particle>Size (in pixels)
50 means size is between 0.5*Particle>Size and 1.5*Particle>Size
100 means size is between 0 and 2.0*Particle>Size

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

elgranhuja
on May 4, 2006 at 2:08:08 pm

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]