FORUMS: list search recent posts

Leaves falling off a tree? Having trouble...

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shirak23
Leaves falling off a tree? Having trouble...
on May 1, 2006 at 8:15:08 am

I was hoping just to do this with trapcode instead of having to go into Maya, but... I'm trying to make it look like leaves are falling off of a tree. I've got the leaf image to use as a custom particle and a tree as a layer, but I don't know how to get the particles to look like they're actually on the limbs instead of just coming out from the middle of the tree itself. Any suggestions? Also I want to make the leaves start in different positions so they don't just look like all the same leaf 1,000 times or whatever. Any tips? The simulation doesn't have to be exactly realistic, but I do want the leaves on the branches. Thanks (hopefully)!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Leaves falling off a tree? Having trouble...
on May 1, 2006 at 7:16:23 pm

You'd need to extract the edges somehow and erode parts of them (e.g. with roughen edges) to gett a dotted pattern which you could use as the layer emitter for your leaves. However, Particular has no concept of normals, so they may still end up out of place. After that simply use particles with zero velocity and make them sway in the wind using a very subtle turbulence. You can vary their color by making them a b/w graphic and using the "custom colorize" particle mode. Use the "color over life" and "random from gradient" settings to control the tint.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

shirak23
on May 2, 2006 at 4:12:24 am

Hmmm...
Okay, I get the gist of what you're saying. I think I'll have to have a couple of layers of smaller groups of particles to get them to be placed where I want them. Thanks!

Return to posts index

jen372
on Jun 8, 2006 at 9:02:28 pm

Shirak,
I was wondering if you were able to get it to work. I had a few questions for you... somthing along the lines of a beach shop... can you let me know?
Thanks!
Jen D :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]