FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d Stroke

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stryker187
3d Stroke
on Apr 12, 2006 at 7:37:49 pm

Two Questions:

First is there any way to add shading to the 3d stroke effect to make it look more 3d?

Second, I have been trying to orbit a comp camera around a 3d stroke object and I cant get behind it, and it looses it 3d look. I have set the camera in the effect to comp camera. Any help would be appreciated

Tom Thomas

Return to posts index

chess4thestupid
Re: 3d Stroke
on Apr 13, 2006 at 6:40:47 am

You can use the plugin.. Vision Shape/Shade.... to give it depth or if you have "SHINE" I have a cool trick...

Add shine as an adjustment layer on top of the 3D stroke... under the "colorize" section... choose to base it on "alpha"... and choose the preset chess... then make your boost light "0.0" and your ray length... like .01 or 0.02... and you will get a co0l metal effect...

hope this helps.

Return to posts index

stryker187
on Apr 13, 2006 at 5:32:32 pm

Thanks,

Tried what you suggested but it didnt turn out right, just looks like a grey line around the object i drew.

Tom

Return to posts index

chess4thestupid
on Apr 14, 2006 at 3:04:58 am

If you can post the after FX file I will download it and do it for you once real quick.... so you can see what I'm talking about...

Return to posts index

chess4thestupid
on Apr 14, 2006 at 3:20:36 am

Nevermind...you are right... the chess thing doesn't work with 3d stroke too well.... you need RE:vision Shade Shape... it's a great plugin for under 100$.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]