FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular School of Fish

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arktic
Particular School of Fish
on Mar 29, 2006 at 12:25:15 am

Hey guys,

I'm attempting to create a realistic 'school of fish' with Trapcode's particular - I've been following a tutorial online, and I can get my fish to swim from one side of the comp to the other - but I'm having real difficulty getting my fish to change direction, mid-swim, so that they are then swiming toward the camera as it were, and then change back to swimming in the original direction again (I hope that description made sense - so as if you looked at their path from the top, it would look like a very square 'S' shape).

Anyway, my first thought was "easy, just keyframe the active camera to rotate around them 90 degrees and then back again", however, that doesn't look right, as it's obvious that the camera is moving, not the fish. I've looked for settings within particular to make the particles change direction mid flow, but I'm unable to do what I want.

Or should I abandom the particular idea alltogether and try a different approach?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
A.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular School of Fish
on Mar 29, 2006 at 6:01:45 am

Spherical field? Wind? Air Resistance? I could think of a million ways to control this. The Spherical field is perhaps the easiest to setup. Link the position of the field to the emitter and then animate the emitter position. Just make sure they always stay within the field or they will be left behind.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]