FORUMS: list search recent posts

stringy smoke

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tudor Applen
stringy smoke
on Mar 28, 2006 at 12:14:23 am

I'm looking to make long slow floating strings of smoke. Like cigarette smoke that hangs in a room with no air movement. Particular's smoke is a bit puffy. Maybe something with bluring and 3d Stroke? (I want to be able to move through it in 3d) I have a picture/jpeg that shows what I'm talking about, but I don't know if I can post that here. Anyway, any thoughts?

Thanks!
Tudor

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: stringy smoke
on Mar 28, 2006 at 6:02:35 am

Create a custom particle and use that. Make it a hollow circle and feather/blur it a bit. Use very low opacity values. Where the custom particles overlap, you will begin getting strings.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Tudor Applen
on Mar 29, 2006 at 9:22:29 am

Thank you for your quick response. I gave your suggestion a try, and I think it created an interesting result. I can't be sure I executed it perfectly though, and I went with the 3d stroke compronise. Not as satisfying as particles, but not too bad either. I plan to look at your approach again for future use, thank you.

Return to posts index

Chris Lewis
on Mar 28, 2006 at 3:11:56 pm

How about pre-compositing a layer of black and white caustic fractals and using that as a displacement map for the Particular layer?

Return to posts index

Tudor Applen
on Mar 29, 2006 at 9:17:24 am

Thank you for your suggestion. I had already advanced on the project by the time I got your message, and went with simply animating 3d stokes/paths and bluring them. When I get some time, I'm going to try your idea. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]