FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular - Density

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KCahal
Trapcode Particular - Density
on Mar 16, 2006 at 6:12:33 am

Hello all,
I've been trying to generate particles from a layer but sadly the layer is not very "big" or temporaly "long"
(in this case it's some text moving around by jumps) and i would want to see more particles be emitted.
The problem is that unless i push the particles at 10000+ i barely see a few dozens.... most of which seem to be aligned on the same vector even when i choose different kinds of emitter.
The original idea was to use particular more or less like the Layer Exploder of the particle playground, and to have at every frame the object move to emit a rather large number of particles coming from it.
(So like appear in a place, "explode", and jump again while leaving the exploding particles continue their life).

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Kalin Cahal

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Trapcode Particular - Density
on Mar 16, 2006 at 7:24:44 am

Use Layer Grid and set the grid density to be identical to the layer dimensions. also use much more particles, more like 200000 instead of 10000.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

KCahal
on Mar 16, 2006 at 8:26:03 am

that works indeed, but it's extremely slow for some reason, is that normal?

Return to posts index

KCahal
on Mar 16, 2006 at 9:00:01 am

actually it didnt work
Whenever i set to grid, i dont see anything any more(no more particles)
even with 20k particles/s

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Mar 17, 2006 at 11:03:57 am

That sounds odd. Have you tried pre-composing your layer? Sometimes Particular won't properly see Alpha info of layers and thus mess with emitters (not actually particulars fault but an inherent weakness in AE's render pipeline). As for being slow - well that's to be expected with that number of particles. If you know the exact dimensions of the layer, you can easily determine the maximum number of particles required to cover each pixel by multiplying height and width. This should give you a rough nuber (add some safety margin) if you don't wanna blindly work with large numbers.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]