FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular question.

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Productions
Trapcode Particular question.
on Mar 11, 2006 at 2:52:58 am

Hey guys, me again :)

I don't have a lot of time to ask my question so I'll make it simple and clear.

I made a square of grass (almost the same as the preset one) in Particle Illusion and my goal was to have a lot of grass all together and control everything in 3D space. I said to myself: " Well, easy! I'll go in Trapcode Particular, put the grass clip (with an alpha) as a particle and just do like the crowd video!". So I went, I did. But not as I expected.

The grass kind of explodes way too fast from the emitter generator and everything passes so fast.

I would just want to have a big grass court, not moving, that I can control in 3D space with the comp' camera.

I searched in the COW Archives and found nothing and really hoped to get a answer.

Do I have to set up the emitter generator to 2000 to 0 and then set the life to 30 secs? Doesn't seem to work...I just hope I won't have to duplicate everything.

Thx for your time guys!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.0 Professional

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
Re: Trapcode Particular question.
on Mar 11, 2006 at 7:43:21 am

Oh and not even Physic Time Factor nor Air Amplitude seems to work.

Will the only solution be to stretch the video?

If anyone would like to see the project file, just ask. (AAE 6.0 and/or AAE 6.5).

Thx guys :)

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Mar 11, 2006 at 9:11:11 am

You can download a preset from my website. The trick is to balance Velocity and Air resistance and create the actual grass stems with Aux particles. the main particles are just invisible (size = 0). This way you can control the length of the grass (because the main particles stop at some point) but still have the Aux particles affected by turbulence and wind.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on Mar 12, 2006 at 5:56:57 pm

I'm very sorry Mylenium but even by trying everything you said it didn't worked :(

Would you like to see my project file?

My due date is coming soon.

Thx for your time.

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Mar 13, 2006 at 6:24:09 am

Mmh, I only have AE 6.5 and 7 at the moment, so I might not be that much of a help. Still, if you want, send it anyway (mylenium@mylenium.de). I can open it up and take a screenshot with some usable settings.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]