FORUMS: list search recent posts

using particular on a coloured background

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
spooky
using particular on a coloured background
on Feb 21, 2006 at 1:39:18 pm

hi guys,

i created a basic splash effect for the front of a ship, now the problem im having is the background is always black so i cant chroma key it.

is there anyway i can make the particular effects background another colour like blue or red?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: using particular on a coloured background
on Feb 21, 2006 at 4:29:19 pm

Huh? Chroma-keying? Particular will create proper Alpha channels, no need for keying. Everything that is not a particle is tansparent and the black is your composition background.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

spooky
on Feb 21, 2006 at 5:23:49 pm

ok so how do i do it then without changing the background? if i set the background of the composition to red when i apply the particular effect the backgroung turns black again?

i've searched everywhere for tuts but couldn't find nothing :(

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 22, 2006 at 6:18:44 am

I have no idea. What version of AE do you use and are you sure you have the latest version of Particular as well (1.02) ?

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

spooky
on Feb 22, 2006 at 8:20:28 am

i have AAE 7 pro and particular 1.02, i think i know what it is....im adding my effects to a solid, if i was to add it directly to a video then i assume the background would stay transparent so you could see the particular effect on the video.

i'll have another play with it today, i've only had the program for 3 days so i still have a lot to learn about it :D

Return to posts index

spooky
on Feb 22, 2006 at 8:40:18 am

ok i tried that and the background still goes black and i cant see the video that i want to apply the effect to :(

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Feb 22, 2006 at 12:52:54 pm

Here's how you do it:

Import your footage and put it in the timeline.
Create a comp-sized solid ABOVE the footage layer and apply Trapcode Particular to the solid.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

spooky
on Feb 22, 2006 at 1:09:00 pm

thanks a lot :D have'nt had chance to try it yet but i take your word for it after i read your little profile ;)

im also after some other tips on smoke, would i get help from here if i posted it up?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]