FORUMS: list search recent posts

Parent Camera to 3d Stroke?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shirak23
Parent Camera to 3d Stroke?
on Feb 12, 2006 at 2:23:24 am

I'm wanting to set up an animation where the 3d stroke moves through the scene (however) and a 3d camera is tracked to the end of the stroke so that it follows it, by maybe parenting the camera's point of focus or one of the x,y,z co-ordinates to it. Is this possible? I can't seem to get the tracking to connect to it. The idea is that the camera will fly through the 3d space whever the end of the 3d stroke goes.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Everyone keep up the good work!

Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the blue sky.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Parent Camera to 3d Stroke?
on Feb 12, 2006 at 9:39:17 am

Nope, can't do. Well, at least not directly. 3DStroke does not generate any world coordinate info from its 3D world, so you're out oof luck. You could however try to use tracking to attach your camera manually. Asuming you don't bend your paths, you might also wanna try copying your mask as position keyframes for the camera and then offset the values (scrub the values with all keys selected).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

shirak23
on Feb 12, 2006 at 11:56:42 pm

Hmmm, okay, I'll try that. Thanks for the tips. Wish there was a way that you could, though. Trying to get the camera to run along side the stroke has proved very frustrating indeed! Any tips for that, too?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Matt Larson
on Feb 23, 2006 at 4:59:11 pm

I just had to do something similar to this and found the answer here at the COW (with a little modifying).

Check out this tutorial, http://www.creativecow.net/show.php?page=/articles/gerard_rick/AEWeekly2/in...

You want to do the same thing as making the camera follow the Illustrator path, just copy your path to a layer with 3D Stroke on it as well as the camera.

My 3D stroke lines were all flat (no bend), so I don't know if you can do it in 3D though-

Return to posts index

shirak23
on Feb 28, 2006 at 6:19:35 am

Oops, forgot to reply. Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]