FORUMS: list search recent posts

One user license for Shine...?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Betty Boop2
One user license for Shine...?
on Jan 29, 2006 at 7:50:47 pm

Hi,
Just put Shine on my main computer. When working in AE I often work on two machines because one is usually rendering something. So I tried to put Shine on my other machine, does not seem to want to let me.

Am I doing something wrong or am I stuck in the one license for one machine thing?

Jay Thompson
Thompson Visual Design & Storytelling
7 Marjean Ct.
Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: One user license for Shine...?
on Jan 29, 2006 at 8:07:01 pm

You should be able to register Shine without problems on multiple computers. The license is per plugin, not per machine. Perhaps you don't have the correct user permissions. The licens keys are stored in the Registry on Windows systems which requirtes at least Power User status to make it happen.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jan 29, 2006 at 9:16:40 pm

If you have a one-user license you may install it on two machines but only use it on one at a time.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Betty Boop2
on Jan 29, 2006 at 9:35:21 pm

Hi Peder,
Pleases clarify for me how this would work.

If I have the plug-in on two machines and one machine is rendering a project that used the plug-in THEN the other machine would not let me use the plug-in. Correct?

What if one machine is rendering but NOT using the plug-in? Can I use it on the other machine.

OR...worst of all. Does one machine have to be not using AE at all while the other machine is?

??a tab confussed??

Jay Thompson
7 Marjean Ct.
Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jan 29, 2006 at 11:19:14 pm

The license agreement that you accepted when installing the plug-in describes the allowed use very clearly.

A one-user license may be installed at one main computer and one secondary computer, but only one of them may be used at the same time. The license only governs use the of Trapcode plug-in in question, not AE or any other plug-ins.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Betty Boop2
on Jan 29, 2006 at 11:55:53 pm

Peder,

Thanks you for your response. I don't like to be an ugly American, actually most people think I'm rather cute. Overweight but cute.

It's just that your plug-in's (license agreement aside) behaves differently than most of the others I have...and I have most of the good one's.

I'm sure from my previous post's you can see my dilemma.

Having said all this I believe your set of plug-in's are among the best and most useful that exist. I will acquire most if not all of them at some point.

Live long and reproduce offen.

Jay Thompson
7 Marjean Ct.
Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]