FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with Particles in a Matte

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Hahn
Help with Particles in a Matte
on Jan 28, 2006 at 8:58:48 pm

I have searched through the past posts, and the closest I can find to helping is the Belief crowd example, but I must be missing something.
I have a movie with alpha created in Poser of a figure (just a silhouette)walking. I set this in a comp with a solid as a alpha track matte.
Created new comp, brought in the track matte comp (lowest layer)
Added solid and applied Particular. Set the Custom particles to the figure walking comp.
What I am trying to achieve, is to have the figure filled with particles as she walks, but it seems they are going all over, and I adjusted velocity.

Is this even possible?
I recently saw a tutorial using a Poser walking figure, which was covered with a text map, but unfortuneately didn't bookmark it, and can't find it again. If anyone has seen that, I would like to have that info.

Thanks for any help.

AE 6.5 Pro (but testing this out in the demo of AE 7.0)

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Help with Particles in a Matte
on Jan 29, 2006 at 8:10:53 pm

Particular particles don't bounce off Alpha edges, collisions are calculated based on the normal direction of the collision layer in 3D space with transparend areas becoming holes. Dunno the tutorial you describe, but I suspect it wasn't Particular at all. The only way I can think off is a combination of the same shape as an amitter and a collision plane set to kill mode...

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jan 30, 2006 at 7:20:09 pm

I can see why the Belief crowd clip didn't help, it has nothing to do with what you want as I understand it.

Look at the "Layer Emitter"

As mylenium points out there is no way to make the particles bounce on an alpha matte edge, but if you set velocity and life low enough they'll never have time to go outside the layer. You can also shrink the matter before using it as a Layer Emitter.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Kenneth Hahn
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:58:43 pm

Thanks to both of you.

I continued to play after I posted, and have it working to some degree. I had stumbled around/experimented and did as you suggested Peter, turning Emitter velocity to zeroand life to very low, which does keep them inside the form I am trying to achieve. I will create a zip of this in a bit and post it to see if there are any other suggestions/directions you can help me with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]