FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using sound keys and CC pixel polly

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Nathan
Using sound keys and CC pixel polly
on Jan 16, 2006 at 3:46:52 am

I am trying to use Sound Keys with CC Pixel polly to break apart a logo on sound cue then bring it back as the sound dies. I am using a large bass sounds with subs. The logo breaks apart as suspected. But as the sound dies I would like it to go back to normal or the original position. Right now I have the force value looking at the correct sound keys value per the capture area. I am relatively new to AE and followed the example from the trapcode site. Could someone please help me? Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Using sound keys and CC pixel polly
on Jan 16, 2006 at 9:53:02 am

You can think about it this way:

If you were not using Sound Keys, how would you make the logo explode and then go back? In CC Pixel Polly there is not way to keyframe such an animation! Keyframing the Force parameter will not make the polygons go back into place.

So, how to do it? Well one way to make things reverse is to use Time-Remapping. You'll have to study this technique and you can make it work with Sound Keys too. One important note is that you will need to pre-compose your layer before using Time-Remapping on it.

HTH,
Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

nathan
on Jan 16, 2006 at 5:04:06 pm

Many thanks, I will try this suggestion. Also in your opinion is this the best way to do this type of animation?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jan 16, 2006 at 5:47:50 pm

It is always hard to answer that type of question because I cannot read your mind! I mean, I am not sure what you are after really. If what you want is the look of CC Pixel Polly playing forwards and backwards to the beat, Sound Keys and Time-Remapping is the way to go.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]