FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular : Stop Clouds to turn in 3D

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
angel breath
Particular : Stop Clouds to turn in 3D
on Dec 28, 2005 at 5:20:24 pm

Hi i was wondering if I could somehow make my clouds stand still so that I can turn it in 3D space. I am kinda trying to make a Nebula of some sort.

Any help is welcome :)

tnx

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular : Stop Clouds to turn in 3D
on Dec 28, 2005 at 6:15:49 pm

Use the Physics Time Factor (set it to 0 and everything will stop).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

holbylarsen
on Apr 19, 2006 at 7:52:50 pm

Hello

I need to bump this post because I am in the same spot, and what mylenium posted is not quite right

when you drop to zero the clouds loose their fluff, or disappear all together, because they seem to need the wind or other parameters unknown to me

I am trying really hard to do this too and at best i have achieved popping popcorn clouds.

spent all day with this and if anyone knows how to achieve clouds that beautiful, but without the extreme motion it would be greatly appreciated

holby

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Apr 19, 2006 at 8:43:42 pm

To make the particles stand still, all you need to do is set Emitter>Velocity to zero.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Apr 19, 2006 at 8:57:29 pm

Actually, when reading the full thread - what did you start working with? Was there a preset or aep file, in that case which one? The reason I ask is that you say they are rotating, and by default, they do not rotate. (if that is what you mean by "turn"...)

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

holbylarsen
on Apr 20, 2006 at 10:41:37 am

Hello, thanks for responding

I am working with the cloudflight.aep available on http://trapcode.com/products_particular.html

the clouds are perfect, but as soon as you stop the flight, they disappear, and with much effort I made them re-appear, but then they turn into popcorn becuase of the massive emission i had to trigger to build a scape like that.

what I'm trying to to do is a cloudscape where i can rise from underneath following a sunrise to a blue sky above and then back down again, so i need a huge cake of cumulus clouds with a very very slight timelapse feel to them.

at times I have a frame where it looks so great i could cry, but in motion its unfortunately no more bananas

holby

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]