FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overflow Error ...

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholastoth
Overflow Error ...
on Dec 11, 2005 at 9:40:07 pm

Anyone ever get a " PARTICLE OVERFLOW " error?

I was simulating 200k particles/sec, and then I dropped it down to 150k and I'm not having any problems.
I'm running a single 1.8g5 2.5 gigs of ram. I've been using particular for a while, and I never ran into it.

Nicholas Toth
Freelance Animator
nicholastoth.com

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Overflow Error ...
on Dec 11, 2005 at 11:48:54 pm

You need an obscene amount of particles that live at the same time for that to happen. This can happen in long comps with long particle life combined with a very high particles/sec value.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Michael Linde
on Feb 20, 2009 at 8:34:47 pm

I'm going to follow up on this almost 4 years later. I have a user getting this error. What's "obscene" on a modern (Mac Pro/CS3) system?

Return to posts index

Frank Pretorius
on Sep 15, 2009 at 9:53:00 am

I am also getting the "Particle overflow error" on a G5 dual 3GB 8 core with CS4 using Trapcode Particular and Form on two separate layers...

Return to posts index

elvin ho
on Oct 25, 2010 at 4:40:35 am

Hey guys,
I see from the age of the first post that this is a long time issue. It doesn't even seem to be a machine problem. I have a new Mac Pro and I still get the same error. I have a comp with 3 layers of precomp'd form particles and 1 actual layer in the comp with form. When I brought in the 2nd actual comp layer, I got the error.
What I ended up doing is rendering the first part, then bringing it into the 2nd half with one of the actual form layers.
I wrote red giant, but no reply yet. I guess until then, we have to come up with hacks.

8-core 2010 MP 16GB ram
2.5 MBP 6GB ram (metal keyboard, not unibody)

Return to posts index

Philipp Kaindl
on Aug 3, 2015 at 8:40:37 pm
Last Edited By Philipp Kaindl on Aug 3, 2015 at 8:44:22 pm

Hi,
5 years later and still the same problem... reading the comments above I first tried to reduce the length of the composition and then started deleting all the other trapcode particular and form layers in the current compositions (as well as the other compositions in the project) until I was down to just the one causing the problems... but it didn't change anything, I still got the error...
Is there any news on whether the computing power could have something do with it?
I'd be curious if anyone else gets the problem with the exact same settings... It doesn't feel to me that what I've got is a huge amount of particles, but maybe I'm wrong (I need 1920x1080 grid size because form will later turn into a shape and my composition has this resolution)...
The tipping point (or rather, one of the possible tipping points... kaleidoscope is another one) seems to be increasing density from 12 to 13 (see images attached) Can anyone replicate the problem using the same settings? And/or any ideas for solving it (other than keeping density under 13?)
(Using Adobe CC 2015, Particular V 2.0.8 on a Mac 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]