FORUMS: list search recent posts

create a sun to emit rays from behind layers in 3d?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
squadstudios
create a sun to emit rays from behind layers in 3d?
on Nov 30, 2005 at 7:00:28 pm

I am having a hard time figuring out a fairly simple way to do this...and maybe I am making it more complicated than it needs to be...

basically I have 4 objects all in different 3d depths...all I want is to have sunshine basically come from behind these 4 objects...so I am calling it a sun...but basically I want the effect of having rays come from the edges of these objects. The sun would be all the way in the background...and then as the camera moves the rays would change based on the position of the objects.

here is my file that I am working with

http://art.squadstudios.com/josh/shanghai.mov

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: create a sun to emit rays from behind layers in 3d?
on Dec 1, 2005 at 9:04:51 am

I believe your main problem is how to create the edges? That can be done with a Glow with very high intensity or effects such as Image Lounge Border Patrol. You could even use multiple instances of your layers and treat them with the simple choker effect to expand the borders. All that remains then is using the original layer as a matte to eliminate the inner parts of the layer and only leave the glow seam. Then simply apply shine to these layers and animate the source point accordingly. The only tricky thing is to keep everything in sync so you may want to apply Shine to an adjustment layer ratehr than the 3D layers themselves.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]