FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Miller
Particular Question
on Nov 30, 2005 at 6:49:15 am

Hello everyone.

I'm working on a logo animation for a client and am stuck.

I'm trying to use Particular to create a trail behind a dot. The dot spirals around the client's logo in 3D space ( the dot is auto-oriented towards the camera and parented to a null which is providing the motion. The client's logo is the obscuration layer.) I've parented a light to the dot and use this light as the emitter for Particular. I've got the effect just how I want it, at least on the first dot, but it's getting late and I'm getting low on brainpower.

My problem is that I have 4 dots, not just one, that I need to emit trails from. Can I use 4 instances of Particular with 4 different lights in the same comp?

If not, is my only option rendering out one at a time with alpha, and compositing them all together? I'd like to avoid that, if possible, since each of the 4 lights are a different color, and illuminate the client logo as they pass by the front of it during their rotation.

It's looking great with the first "test" dot, but I really need to get all of them in there. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm headed off to sleep and thought I'd post this question before hand to try and avoid losing half the day tomorrow fiddling around!

Thanks for any insight. So appreciated!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Jon

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular Question
on Nov 30, 2005 at 9:57:07 am

Just use 4 layers each with its own set of Particular. The only problem you could face is that the trails do not obscure properly when they cross each other but that could also happen if you prerender.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]