FORUMS: list search recent posts

shine question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
shine question
on Nov 29, 2005 at 3:48:26 am

Hi guys,

I know theres a way or procedure that allows me to have trapcode shine effects flare beyond the plane of a Graphic layer (example- scaling down a 720x486, then creating shine flare so that the flare lenth fils the original 720-486 screen). Can someone refresh my memory on how you do that? Thanks! Hopefully I explained my dilemma well enough.

Rick

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: shine question
on Nov 29, 2005 at 8:42:14 am

Not quite clear what you mean, but could it be you are refering to extending the comp and then cropping it back by nesting it in the main comp? This would be the easiest thing to do. You can also use the Grow Bounds effect to extend a layer without physically making it larger.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Rick Neely
on Nov 29, 2005 at 1:50:19 pm

You've got me right I think,

Can you explain to me the procedure (there are certain things you have to do in order), and/or can you explain to me the grow bounds effect (where is it or where do I get it)?

Rick

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 29, 2005 at 3:24:55 pm

Grow Bounds is part of After Effects Professional. You can find it under the image control category. Just apply it before the Shine effect. It will make all effects trick into thinking that the layer is larger than it actually is by adding a "frame" of invisible pixels around it. This will effectively anything being cut of at the physical edges of the layer.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]