FORUMS: list search recent posts

More Particular Presets

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Sterling
More Particular Presets
on Nov 28, 2005 at 7:27:15 pm

Are there any More Particular Presets that I can get than the ones it comes with.

G5 Dual 2.0 GHz processor, OSX.3.9

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: More Particular Presets
on Nov 28, 2005 at 8:14:54 pm

Download the PyroPack from Trapcode's website. Also give trapcode-people.net a try and lastly follow the link in my signature. That should keep you busy for a while.

Cheers

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Blizzardo
Re:Trapcode-People Example--particular4dfmcol.aep
on Nov 29, 2005 at 3:44:45 am

Question-The example of Particular you show on the new Trapcode site is very beautiful. I am trying to duplicate and study this effect, but I don't see where the 4D fractal is coming from. If I just duplicate all your settings in the Particular emitter, I don't get all the beautiful thin lines. Can you please break this one down into some of your steps? Thanks you! very much

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Re:Trapcode-People Example--particular4dfmcol.aep
on Nov 29, 2005 at 3:33:57 pm

You need to increase the grid resolution under the options and use very small particles. If you use Screen or Add as blend mode, they will form the fine lines when they overlap. The position is controlled with the turbulence field, color based on a 4 corner gradient in a sub-comp

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Blizzardo
on Nov 30, 2005 at 2:47:32 am

Okay-- I see that that is the one difference between my test and the example online. But the "Emitter size X" and the "Emitter Size Z" are grayed down and I can not seem to change that number. My file was preset to 50. The example file is set to 400. I need help finding out how to change that number. so, once I get that, it should work?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 30, 2005 at 9:51:56 am

You don't. Quite obviously Peder experimented with a box emitter before using a layer emitter instead (seems he wasn't satidfied with the density because box emits randomly). Just create a 3D layer and use this as the Layer Grid emitter. The density of the grid can be set in the options panel.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Blizzardo
on Nov 30, 2005 at 9:28:03 pm

Thanks for writing quickly, but would you please break down this instruction a bit more for me. Are you saying the fine wire grid is based upon a source other than the layer chosen as the emitter? I was choosing the 4-color ramp as the emitter. I'm not sure what you mean by controlling the emitter size by a new layer. What is on the new layer, and what is the size of this new layer. As you can see, the process behind this effect has not made sense to me yet.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 1, 2005 at 8:58:59 am

No. You are correct in assuming that the ramp is the emitter but since you were refering to the size settings on the main panel I wanted to clarify and suggested creating a layer in case you hadn't done that yourself.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]