FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a crowd in AE with Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RollinBob
Creating a crowd in AE with Particular
on Nov 26, 2005 at 11:43:27 pm

Hope you guys can help me out here, I'm pretty new when it comes to this so please bare with me.

So, I just watched this Tutorial on how to make a big crowd of people using only a video clip with acouple of ppl in it.
Here's the link to the tutorial for those who havn't seen it:
http://belief.com/stage/index.php?section=process&project=02.Zoom%20Network...

So I tried to duplicate this, only I have no footage of ppl so I used some other clips, just to try it out. I couldn't get it to work, all the Custom Particles has black squares surrounding em, why are the crowd in his tutorial masked ( or whatever it's called) out.
It's driving me mad since he doesn't talk about it in the tutorial. He sets up his crowd clip, render it as a .mov file and imports it into a new comp and the crowd blends in with the other crowd particles just fine. Mine doesn't, like the fireballs I imported they didn't blend with eachother like that. They all turn in to little squares, like a bunch of little video clips.
I masked out a jpeg pic to see if I could get that working but no, still get squared particle objects.
I'm honestly going nuts over this so please help out a newbie if you can!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Creating a crowd in AE with Particular
on Nov 27, 2005 at 12:19:31 pm

Mmh, sounds like you are not properly creating the Alpha channel. Any masking should be done either in a sub-composition or already properly contained in the clip as an Alpha channel. In your case you should simply move your JPG with the mask into another comp and then use this com as the custom particle.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

RollinBob
Re: Creating a crowd in AE with Particular
on Nov 28, 2005 at 12:19:35 am

Thank you, that solved it.
Cheer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]