FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking Instances of Invigorator?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robgreene
Linking Instances of Invigorator?
on Nov 25, 2005 at 3:30:32 pm

Hi... I'm trying to create a strand of Christmas lights along a bent (and perhaps repeated) 3d stroke.

QUESTION 1:
In order to do this, I'd like the lights to be linked to the 3d stroke layer in such a way that as the 3d stroke layer bends, the photoshop layer of lights bends as well. How is this done?

QUESTION 2:
Is there a way to make the photoshop layer of lights repeat with the repeater?

QUESTION 3: Is this just a terrible way of going about this? Ideally, I'd like a strand of Christmas lights that wraps around a logo, with all the lights (red, blue, green, yellow, repeating) alternating between being on and off.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Linking Instances of Invigorator?
on Nov 25, 2005 at 7:01:44 pm

Answer to questions 1 and 2: No and No. The parameters are calculated internally and are not visible externally, meaning they cannot be used to derive info for use in expression. Also as there is no custom brush type, it's impossible to repeat anything beyond 3DStroke's own stuff.

Answer to question 3; Yes. Sorry to be so blunt, but you are somehow looking for the wrong tools. If you still want to do it the Trapcode way, Echospace and Particular would be much more useful. Echospace could easily place your lights and you could colorize your instances, but the easiest way would be using Particular. You could animate the emitter path and use a b/w version of your light as a custom particle. "Custom Colorize" would then tint them accordingly to the color you define (you'd have to animate it so it cycles thru your 4 colors). Make the particles live forever, zero out emission velocity and adjust birth rate to control spacing et voil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]