FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular (snow) not showing up with imported camera

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane
Particular (snow) not showing up with imported camera
on Nov 21, 2005 at 5:24:56 pm

I modeled a scene in Cinema 4D, then imported the scene and layer (including the C4D camera info) into after effects. I then created a new layer and applied the particular (snow) effect to it, however the snow will not show up, but if I disable to C4D camera, the snow will show up just fine.

Am I missing something? I need to camera info so that it looks like its moving thru the snow created by particular.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular (snow) not showing up with imported camera
on Nov 21, 2005 at 5:33:12 pm

Most likely you will need to adjust the position of the Emitter so the snow shows up at the right place (in front of the camera).

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Shane
on Nov 21, 2005 at 7:51:26 pm

Ok. Usualy what I do is just create a light and name it "Emitter", then just tell particluar that the snow effect will be set as a light, but that didnt work out to good. It seems that the "snow" effect works best with "box" instead of "light" or "point".

My scene is large and the camera moves around objects. I figured particular could give the appearance of snow falling in the scene and the camera would move thru it.

Should the emitter be placed high in the scene?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 21, 2005 at 7:56:50 pm

Yes if you want the snow to fall downwards it seems approriate to place the emitter high up.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]