FORUMS: list search recent posts

Peder, please help with an EchoSpace idea!

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry199
Peder, please help with an EchoSpace idea!
on Nov 9, 2005 at 10:22:58 pm

Hi!

With the animation on the top left hand side of http://www.trapcode.com/products_echospace.html

Is it possible to put an image on each side. So you see a full image, then each panel flips over to show the next image - or video.

Is this hard/time consuming? If I did it - there would be able 50 images todo!

NOW, I previously got an answer to this - along the idea of - no, you can't as after effects shows an image on both sides, but there would be an expression you could use.

This being your product, I thought you may have given it awhirl? Maybe you know something we don't!!

Let me know!

Thank you very much,

Henry

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Peder, please help with an EchoSpace idea!
on Nov 10, 2005 at 12:07:09 am

As I read this you want one image to stretch over the Echospace instances, that cannot be done. Echospace is a layer repeater, it repeats one layer many times. Maybe I got you wrong, if so explain better.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Henry199
on Nov 10, 2005 at 12:37:35 am

No, you got it right. I thought maybe with some sort of matte or something.

The best way I could describe what I need for the final outcome is; do you know the advertising boards at sporting events and by the road side. where they have one ad, then all the little panels turn around to reveal another ad?

Or how the old style airport information was displayed? They would spin each letter panel to create new words?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 10, 2005 at 12:40:10 am

I'm not sure but I think Card Dance does that specific effect.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

dflamholc
on Nov 19, 2005 at 1:38:28 am

i read you post before henry and though it was a great thing to get to work... and now when I read this thread i was just playing with a way to solve this. a bit tricky to time it all up, but basically you can project an image or video onto a row of y-spinning echospace objects. and if you want the image to change when they spin all you ahve to do is to line a masks up on video layers to match the 90 degree spin moment and there you go. works for me. . great stuff that peder has made the echospace objects work like any other 3d layers in ae i.e. accept shadows and cast shadows and all that! thanks for the diea! :) /d

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]