FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular layer bounce?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
northfieldtv
Trapcode Particular layer bounce?
on Nov 9, 2005 at 9:29:42 pm

hi,

i have an alpha layer of a graphic. what i am tryin to do is use particular's built in gravity and bounce effects to drop the layer from the top of the frame and have it bounce at the bottom before settling into place. I have defined the layer as a custom particle, and it shows up, but for some reason when selecting the bounce physic and after creating a floor (i used the tutorial for bounce already) the custom particle seems to not recognize the floor. i have the floor set to infinite plane so i dont know why it wont work. ive followed the same steps using a non-custom particle and it works fine, is there a limitation to using custom particles? or is there something wrong with my alpha layer size? (it is comp size)... any help would be appreciated, im sure we can all learn something from this

thanks!
dave
northfield tv

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Trapcode Particular layer bounce?
on Nov 9, 2005 at 10:00:17 pm

Comp size seems awfully large for a custom particle - why so big? It's gonna be slow to render. Anyway, should work with any size...

Please clarify this - are you saying that if you simply switch to Sphere particles it works? And then switch back to custom and they fall through the floor?

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

northfieldtv
on Nov 9, 2005 at 11:25:06 pm

yes, the particles would work if it was a sphere, but not custom... i resized it down a bit and noticed that the layer in fact DID bounce, but bounced according to its size, disregarding the alpha channel.... so, i simply moved the floor layer lower, and it looks as if it is doing what i want it to :)

now, the question is... how do i make only 1 instance of this particle throughout the whole life instead of 1 per second?

thanks alot
dave
northfieldtv

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 9, 2005 at 11:49:22 pm

having empty (no alpha) pixels in your particle layer is bad, it takes up render-time for no reason. crop you particle in a precomp and use that instead if you want more speed.

to control particle emission, keyframe Particles/Sec.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Yussef
on Nov 17, 2005 at 5:17:04 pm

Where is the tutorial for bounce? I'm having trouble figuring that one out.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 17, 2005 at 6:38:46 pm

There's one here:
http://www.trapcode.com/particular_training.html

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]