FORUMS: list search recent posts

SoundKeys Question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vman
SoundKeys Question
by
on Nov 9, 2005 at 2:14:10 pm

Is it possible to trigger an expression on another layer using SoundKeys. I have a bunch of layers dancing around already, however I have one layer I want to bounce like jello every time the snare hits. Ive added a squash and bounce expression and it 'jellos' right away.. is there a way to trigger that expression?

What I have done so far was I duplicated the layer with the expression for each instance the snare hits.. but thats a lot of layers, one for each snare.. Is there an easier way.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: SoundKeys Question
on Nov 9, 2005 at 2:30:04 pm

This is doable but exactly how to do it depends on the expressions you use. You need to get rid of the decaying element in the expression and let sound keys handle that instead. Use an on/off trigger in sound keys with exponential fall off, then multiply that into to your bounce expression. Post your expressions here and I'll have a look.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

vman
by
on Nov 9, 2005 at 3:42:32 pm

I used this on the scale's text layer for the Bounce.

t = time - inPoint;
x = scale[0] + maxDev*Math.sin(spd*t)/Math.exp(decay*t);
y = scale[0]*scale[1]/x;
[x,y]

Do I need to get rid of the decay? I somewhat new to the expression world, but find Im finding it wicked cool.

Return to posts index

vman
by
on Nov 9, 2005 at 3:58:24 pm

How do I associate Soundkeys Trigger and Falloff to manipulate the bouncey expression i posted.
When I pickwip the scale of my bouncey text to the output of the soundkeys Trigger on/off and Falloff (1sec) my bounce expression goes away.. I think Im doing something dumb. Thanks

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 9, 2005 at 3:59:02 pm

Yes, the decay part is the part that makes it stop bouncing after a while. Now, we'll let the audio control start/stop of bounce instead by multiplying in the output from sound keys.

So just edit this line:
x = scale[0] + maxDev*Math.sin(spd*t) * [here pickwhip to sound keys output]

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

vman
by
on Nov 9, 2005 at 4:19:11 pm

Awesome.. Thanks a Bunch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved