FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D stroke not appearing exactly on mask in LARGE comps

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott
3D stroke not appearing exactly on mask in LARGE comps
on Nov 3, 2005 at 1:49:39 am

Another problem, In my 6000x5000 comp, the 3D stroke doesn't appear exactly ove my mask. In some places it is quite off.

See screenshot: http://www.geersen.com.au/3dstrokeOFF.jpg

It seems that toward the middle of the line/stroke, it's matched up to the mask. But the further towards the two ends, the more it's off. Seems regardless of the mask's position on the layer (eg, centre or sides or top etc).

???

Have posted these in the Trapcode forum as well.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: 3D stroke not appearing exactly on mask in LARGE comps
on Nov 3, 2005 at 9:00:04 am

I would guess you are using it in a non-square pixel comp. 3D Stroke only works with square pixels.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Scott
on Nov 4, 2005 at 3:44:52 am

Yes, I was using square pixels.

Hmm, it seems sometimes my trapcode posts show up in both forums, and sometimes they don't. I just replied to another post in the AFX forum.

Turns out it wasn't anything to do with the comp being large, it was preview quality. At full res the stroke appears over the mask, but at 1/4 or anything below full, the stroke moves off the mask towards the extremities of the mask (or the comp, I can't tell). Annoying because I can work faster at 1/4 res, but now have to slow down and use full res when positioning my strokes and associated layers/effects, to make sure they're appearing exactly where i want them.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 4, 2005 at 12:15:42 pm

I cannot reproduce your problem (I have a 6000*5000 comp and the stroke is perfectly in center of the mask in all resolutions), could you send me the project file? peder (at) trapcode.com

Cross-posting in the forums leads to confusion.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]