FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d Stroke: How do I write out someones name

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian bradley
3d Stroke: How do I write out someones name
on Oct 30, 2005 at 5:14:56 pm

I'm trying to spell out a name. I've brought in my mask shape from illustrator and in the effects menu, I've checked Stroke Seq. My problem is, the stroke goes around the outside of the letter like the selection is inverted. I just want the inside of each letter drawn. I hope I'm being clear. I've provide a link to what I want to achieve view the Beastie Boys Video

http://www.easportsbig.com/games/nbastreetv3/videos.jsp?setID=firstlook#

Return to posts index

Kierra
Re: 3d Stroke: How do I write out someones name
on Nov 8, 2005 at 6:45:22 pm

I have struggled with this too. This is what I've figured out...when you convert text to outlines, it does just that: OUTLINES each letter, creating a closed and hollow path. In order to achieve the effect you are talking about you need to draw the letters as a single path. One way you can do it is to type out the Text in Illustrator and then basically draw on top of each letter creating either a script-like connected path or individual letters. Time consuming--yes but then you can do cool things with it like have a randome ribbon take the form of a word...
If anyone knows an easier way PLEASE let us know!

Return to posts index

Kierra
Re: 3d Stroke: How do I write out someones name
on Nov 8, 2005 at 6:46:33 pm

I have struggled with this too. This is what I've figured out...when you convert text to outlines, it does just that: OUTLINES each letter, creating a closed and hollow path. In order to achieve the effect you are talking about you need to draw the letters as a single path. One way you can do it is to type out the Text in Illustrator and then basically draw on top of each letter creating either a script-like connected path or individual letters. Time consuming--yes but then you can do cool things with it like have a randome ribbon take the form of a word...
If anyone knows an easier way PLEASE let us know!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]