FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular--crowds

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmie
Particular--crowds
on Oct 28, 2005 at 12:33:35 am

So, if I wanted to make a BIG crowd, say like an ant pile, MANY thousands, with say 50 distinct 'ants' doing particular actions, and then multiplying that group of 50 to whatever, is that possible??

Return to posts index

jimmie
Re: Particular--crowds
on Oct 28, 2005 at 1:10:29 am

I guess I'm looking for an affordable software tool to accomplish what Massive Software does with their $18,000 program. Examples here: massivesoftware.com/feature.html

Can Particular accomplish results comparable to Massive?

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
on Oct 28, 2005 at 5:25:02 am

I haven't YET tried it with particular (I will when I free up a moment from playing with EchoSpace). BUT I have to say that with (possibly alot) of work, it should be possible. Massive costs what it costs because it makes the creative process really intuitive for the trained op, AND it's very feature rich in using semi autonomous AI based code to make crowds truly intelligent. There is a nice legend going around that Massive's crowd nodes were so smart while filming LOTR that they had problems with the orc armies not breaking in a panic and fleeing to early in the final battle for Gondor... They had to dial up the courage.

In any case I've had great success with crowds using the particle texture distribution system in Vue D'Esprit. I've also seen some pretty great crowd stuff done with Particle Illusion. SO I don't see any reason why it souldn't be done to SOME degree in particular... Perhaps Particular and EchoSpace... Hmmm.... Null based multiple emiitter precomps.... Whoa... I think I need to open AE.

Later.
BB

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Brian Olson
on Nov 3, 2005 at 3:03:12 pm

Check out the following link to a Quicktime tutorial on Beliefs website. The tutorial shows how to achieve a crowd shot using Particular.

http://www.belief.com/process/index.php?theme=industrial§ion=process&pr...

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 28, 2005 at 6:11:50 am

Either use multiple instances of Particular, each with it's separate custom particle assigned or put all your clips in one sub-comp and then use the Split Clip setting for custom particles. Should be doable, but you cannot expect particle based motion to look anywhere near as realistic as the stuff done in massive!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]