FORUMS: list search recent posts

lux in 3d comp

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dflamholc
lux in 3d comp
on Oct 26, 2005 at 10:53:54 pm

hello,
i'm having trouble making lux react to other layers as i want to create a light shining through a doorway, in a film noir kind of feeling. but lux either ends up behind all the layers or on top.

when it didn't work position the 2d solid with the lux fx between the 3d layers i wanted to affect it, i tried to pre-comp the other layers and then place a light in the pre-comp. the light still worked, shadowed by the right walls, but the lux ended up as before, either behind or in front. ????

how do I make lux react to layers that cast shadows?

thanks for any advice :) /d

Return to posts index

Dave
Re: lux in 3d comp
by
on Oct 27, 2005 at 12:27:34 am

Unfortunately, Lux is not very 3d environment friendly. Unlike Particular, it does not have obscuration capabilities.

If you have a lot of camera moves, then it will be tough to do, but if you don't, you can split the layer(s) and place them above the Lux layer or below it(in the stacking order of timeline).

Return to posts index

dflamholc
on Oct 27, 2005 at 1:03:00 am

thanks dave, yeah problem is I don't think it's my cam moves messing it up... i've got a room built with solids and textures and windows with bars and stuff... then I pre-comp that and have a light shining from within the pre-comp out throw the bars to cast shadows on walls in the next comp... all that is fine, but when I try to aply lux to get more clout out of my lights the whole thing ends up either in front or behind as you point out... tricky, i might try to do it by putting in some smoke or clouds to see the light, or dust from particular... hey by the way, if you or anyone else reading this, have a good "dust" preset for particular, i'd love to check it out(!) :) . i found the confetti at the particluar people net, and i've modified that, but i'm not 100% on particular either yet so if anyone got a good soution for dust "slowly moving through streams of sunlight" that'd be awesome... till then, thanks /d

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Oct 27, 2005 at 1:33:03 am

This one uses Fractal Noise and Shine:

http://www.trapcode.com/info_smoke.html

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]