Sound keys for Combustion

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jus
Sound keys for Combustion
by
on Oct 26, 2005 at 2:23:39 pm

Hi there

I've just run a search for "combustion" in case you're covered my question already... but I can't find the answer, so here goes:

Soundkeys is the answer to my prayers... Woohoo!
I use Combustion... boohoo!

Am I correct in thinking that the aforementioned products are not compatible? And if I am, is there any likelihood of Trapcode specifically making a port of it, so that us poor C users can access its delights?

I suppose learning AE to the level required is the only answer - tell me there's an easier way. ;-~

Justin Ept

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Sound keys for Combustion
on Oct 26, 2005 at 3:55:29 pm

Due to certain patent issues that have recently arisen in the US (dunno if Peder has sorted them out already) it's unlikely Soundkeys will receive much work beyond compatibility maintenance with newer versions of AE. In this light its unlikely there will ever be a combustion* native version - if it's not technically legal to sell Soundkeys to US people due to the aforementioned issues, a big share of the market is gone and it may not be feasible to justify development cost for the rest.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Oct 26, 2005 at 4:25:15 pm

Trapcod Sound Keys does not work in Combustion because Combustion does not support the parts of the AE API that deals with audio and keyframes.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Jus
by
on Oct 26, 2005 at 5:41:25 pm

Hi there

Thanks Mylenium and Peder for the replies. I did read the patent issue on the Trapcode site, and it would be a shame for many users if things escalated.

Re the audio api for C*. Yes I can appreciate the lack of dev Discreet put into the audio module - that is one area that lets the app down severely.

Such a shame, as I have to do all my audio timings manually, by jotting down frame numbers for bass drum beats and stuff in Sound Forge or Audition...what a **ag that is! Gues I'll have to figure AE (groan - no offence guys!)

Justin Discriminate :-D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]