FORUMS: list search recent posts

getting static particles to pop in?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dflamholc
getting static particles to pop in?
on Oct 24, 2005 at 5:56:36 pm

Hi all,
been reading through the posts hoping that someone would have had the same problem...

anyway,,, I'm desperately trying to get a set of particles to pop in as the camera zooms out upwards leaving the particles on a flat plane below..

I have set my grid to be very wide but I can't seem to tweak the settings so that the particles pop up in their random static positions rather than grow from the various grid points.

I'd like not to have any movement on them while the "popping up" is going on.

Is this possible? I'm sure it is and that it's just lack of cunning and patience on my side.

Anyway, if this makes any sense to anyone all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
d :)

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: getting static particles to pop in?
on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:17:24 pm

Set Emitter>Velcocity to 0?

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

dflamholc
on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:30:41 pm

Thanks Peder, well I've done this and it stops teh motion, but then all I manage to achieve is that the particles stay on the symetric grid crossings..

somehow i'd like the particles to move a little bit while invisible, or during the first frame - to get the random spread over the surface -- then stop completely in motion, while still growing in number

Funny, it's just as much work trying to explain something one is trying to do as actually doing it...

anyway, thanks for the advice!... :) /d

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:40:35 pm

So you are using the "layer grid" emitter type? Try the "layer" type instead, it will scatter particles randomly on the emitter layer.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

dflamholc
on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:50:38 pm

BEAUTIFUL! Super thanks! I wasn't using layer-grid though, as I don't even know what it does or how to use it, but using the layer emitter worked a charm. exactly what I was looking for!

great stuff! :) /d

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]