FORUMS: list search recent posts

T Cloud Chamber Preset

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
T Cloud Chamber Preset
on Oct 13, 2005 at 12:39:31 pm

Ive been fooling around learning the ins and outs of this great plugin Particular. One of the animation presets is T Cloud Chamber. When I select it, instead of anything resembling clouds I get this cool almost orangey 3D stroke lines? Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: T Cloud Chamber Preset
on Oct 13, 2005 at 1:41:09 pm

A cloud chamber is a particle research apparatus with which you can see the traces of particles (electrons, protons...) when they collide etc. I'm not sure but I think it essentially is a some steam in a box - when the particles pass through the steam they make a trace. The images seen slightly resembles the Cloud Chamber preset.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 13, 2005 at 4:24:49 pm

[Peder Norrby] "
A cloud chamber is a particle research apparatus with which you can see the traces of particles (electrons, protons...) when they collide etc. I'm not sure but I think it essentially is a some steam in a box - when the particles pass through the steam they make a trace. The images seen slightly resembles the Cloud Chamber preset."

Yepp, exactly. It's not steam though. In most cases it's cold condensed carbondioxide or even colder gases attached to certain atoms.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Oct 13, 2005 at 4:37:42 pm

Im still lost. Is it supposed to be those squiggley lines? Or cloud? Sorry for not getting it.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 13, 2005 at 5:19:00 pm

It is supposed to be the lines. Most atomic and sub-atomic particles travel at very high speeds (some of them close to light speed even without external forces) and obviously are very small so it's nearly impossible to see them. In order to still be able to learn about them, the are acceleretaed using magnetic fields and fired into a gas chamber (that contains a gas cloud) where they collide with the other particles and cause a luminous reaction. This looks like a flash of light (it lasts only nano seconds or micro seconds at best), but if you slow it down extremley (e.g. film it with high speed cameras and play it back at normal speeds) it will look like a trail and reveal the trajectory of the particle. The preset tries to mimic that.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Oct 13, 2005 at 5:35:51 pm

got it. thanks for the tips you have a great site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]