FORUMS: list search recent posts

New version of particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
New version of particular
on Oct 10, 2005 at 2:29:01 pm

Im seriously thinking of purcasing particular. Even though Im non profit, it looks and sounds like everyone is enjoying it. Ive read some posts about the posibility of more types of particles for the new version of particular. Is it worth waiting for version 2.0 or buy it now and it will be a free upgrade? Just wondering. thanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: New version of particular
on Oct 10, 2005 at 3:52:14 pm

Most likely it's not going to be a free upgrade (as it will offer lots of new features and programmers somehow need to make a living) and if you wanna wait, you'll have to wait long, I bet. So far nothing solid has emerged.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Oct 10, 2005 at 9:31:27 pm

But it now is my best tip.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 11, 2005 at 7:21:15 am

Oh please Peder, don't tease people (me included).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Oct 11, 2005 at 8:20:47 am

I'm not trying to tease anyone. A new version of Particular is not even in the works at this point (OK, I am taking requests for new features, but I haven't started planning it). And when there is a new version, there will be an affordable upgrade pah for old users. It's much better to get it now and learning it - it is quite complex already - and then when/if there is a new version do the upgrade. That is why I say that is my best tip, it is my honest opinion, nothing else.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 11, 2005 at 8:50:25 am

Ah, I see. Is there any chance of an "inbetween" release e.g. with proper shading for folded sub-comps (and much much faster of course) or some more particle types (cube, pyramid, polygon...)? from where I sit, these would be doable and I would even be willing to pay some minor upgrade fee (29 Euros or something like that) to get those features. BTW, I was trying to post some feature reqs on your forum but it told me I wasn't allowed to post. The forum's not "live" then yet?

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Oct 11, 2005 at 10:20:17 am

I think you guys need to understand that Trapcode is not a regular company. I'm doing all this myself. If I work hard I can get a new version out in less than 2 months, that is always an an option. I cannot tell you what is going to happen because I haven't decided yet. A big company will probably plan a release 6-12 months before, I won't. You can tell me what you want and need and try to influence me - and I really appreciate that! (I've noted your requests, Mylenium)

What I can tell you is that I will always look out for you; my customers, you are my source of income, you are the most important people for this company. So whatever I do that will be taken into consideration (for example in providing really good upgrade deals). That is why, if anyone asks if they should buy now or wait, I will always say: Buy now!

The project forums at Trapcode People don't work properly yet, but the normal forums do (click Forums in the left menu to reach them). We're trying to fix the project forums now.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 11, 2005 at 10:28:23 am

Oh, then you are really doing the coding yourself? Wow, kudos. I know how hard that is (from my ever failing attempts to become a decent expression coder). I was just under the impression, that someone is doing the programming while you are the one managing all the stuff. You know, it's easy for me to request a feature and let you guys worry about how to implement it ;o). I guess then you're in the same category as Philip Spoeth, FNord and a few others. Really amazing that you can put together such cool plugins with your one-man-show. Your efforts are really appreciated and as I've said in the past - feel free to ask me if there is anything I can do to help.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Oct 11, 2005 at 5:44:07 pm

2 months. Man, I just purchased particular version 1. What does that do for me? But definetly kudos to Peder for amazing plugs. Even to consider some of the expression coding is insane for me. Keep producing awesome stuff.

Return to posts index

Aaron Schurman
on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:57:38 pm

Peder, it's very cool that you actually post here, that goes a long way of showing how much you care about your customer!

One thing I thought may be a great addition to Particular is future updates in the way of more animation presets. That is one thing that is very appealing to Particle Illusions particle generator. But Particle Illusion just doesn't have the the richness that Particular holds. Even if you just set up a community portion of your website where people could share their animation presets, or have one of the best Particular users out there creating some preset libraries. It's just a thought.

and btw, Sound Keys is unreal, what an amazing plugin!

::AARON SCHURMAN::BOYWONDERSTUDIOS::
::WEB::http://www.boywonderdesign.com::

::MOTION GRAPHICS :: VIDEO :: PRINT
:: AD :: WEB :: IDEASAREDANGEROUS

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Oct 22, 2005 at 3:16:14 pm

That's exactly what we're doing!
http://www.trapcode-people.net

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index