FORUMS: list search recent posts

particular: camera flight through particle scape in after effects

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
the Nels
particular: camera flight through particle scape in after effects
on Oct 6, 2005 at 6:48:36 am

Hello there,

this is my first post, so I hope this is not going to sound too complicated... here you go:

I am setting up a abstract underwater scene with custom particles in after effects.

I want a 3d camera flight through unlimited amount of particles. The emitter should not be limited to one particular location in z space (ie. point, light), but be there constantly and everywhere! Like algea and dust in the water flying past the camera.

I have set up a solid (maximum size of 30000 px - x-rotatet 90degrees) to be the emitter so that I can move my camera(in z space) parallel to the solid and create a flight throuh the particles that it emitts.

It works to a certain extend but I am limited to the size of the solid. I was wondering if there is a way of creating particles that can be emitted unlimited in size?

thanks in advance

Nels

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: particular: camera flight through particle scape in after effects
on Oct 6, 2005 at 4:17:46 pm

I think you are approaching this the wrong way. Ask yourself: Where do I need my particles? How far away are they visible? If you've answered those two questions, the answer bites you right in your face: Don't use your large emitter, use a small one parented to your camera. Add to that the fact that underwater things get foggy/ blurry after very short distances, all you really need to do is have very few particles being emitted. Depending on your flight path, you may need to use expressions instead of AE's built-in parenting, but that should be managable. If you then manipulate your emitters rotation values as well as some parameters inside Particular (Turbulence, Spin), you can make sure that your particle cloud will not look static.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

the Nels
Re: particular: camera flight through particle scape in after effects
on Oct 10, 2005 at 1:37:57 am

Thanks heaps millenium....

parenting the emitter layer to the camera did the trick perfectly!

That was great!

Nels : )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]