FORUMS: list search recent posts

Differences between Particular and 3D Stroke

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Wolf
Differences between Particular and 3D Stroke
on Sep 14, 2005 at 5:40:25 pm

I'm a little unclear on some of the differences between Particular and 3D Stroke. I know that Particular is newer, and may be able to accomplish some of the things that 3D Stroke can do, but not sure when both are needed.

The effect I'm trying to create is a sparkling trail that moves around a house in 3D space. Can Particular particles be animated on a path in 3D space? I THINK the answer is yes, the path can exist in 3D space, but the path itself will be limited to a 2D plane. To move it in 3 dimensions, you need 3D Stroke. Is that it?

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
Re: Differences between Particular and 3D Stroke
on Sep 14, 2005 at 7:37:16 pm

Both plugins work in 3D space on a 2D plane. For your sparkling trail efect you would need Particular.

The difference between 3D stroke and Particular is just as the name implies. 3D Stroke moves a line along a path in 3D space (but is confined to a 2D layer - you have to fake any 3D space interaction with other layers). Particular offers multiple ways to antimate particles moving, but can also be used to make a line of particles similar to 3D stroke.

Return to posts index

Rob Wolf
on Sep 14, 2005 at 8:36:58 pm

So, is there much that you can do with 3D Stroke that you can't do with Particular?

Return to posts index

Biggie
on Sep 14, 2005 at 9:33:59 pm

Yes, there's alot you can do with 3D stroke that you can't do with Particular, and there's lots you can do with Particular that you can't do with 3D stroke. They are two completely different plugins for doing 2 completely different things. Particular for creating 3D particles in a scene, and 3D Stroke for creating 3D lines that follow paths in scenes. If you check out the trapcode support site (http://www.trapcode.com/support.html) and watch the "3D stroke in action" video, and the "Particular in action" video, you should be able to see the differences quite easily. Hope that helps.

Biggie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]