FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting C4D camera into AE for particular. Anyone ever do this?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane
Exporting C4D camera into AE for particular. Anyone ever do this?
on Aug 23, 2005 at 9:37:16 pm

Ive made an animation of a jet flying around some objects in Cinema 4D. I want to import the camera info from C4D into after effects so that I can apply particular to create the smoke trail behind the jet.

Anyone ever try this? Im having trouble.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Exporting C4D camera into AE for particular. Anyone ever do this?
on Aug 24, 2005 at 6:04:39 am

This should be no problem at all since Particular relies on AE's camera settings and animation import. Did you set up your C4D scene according to the guidelines provided in the manual?

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Shane
on Aug 25, 2005 at 1:04:35 am

I think I missed a step when setting up the render options. Ive got to go back and read up on it once more.

Ive noticed on the trapcode site (in the gallery) there is an animation that someone did of a jet firing 2 missiles at a plane. He said he used particular for the missile exhaust and if I can recall correctly, he said he "attached" the particular emitter to 2 null objects. (which was the missiles) How can you attach the emitter to an object?

The missile animation is what im trying to recreate.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Aug 25, 2005 at 5:53:27 am

Simple pickwhip expressions will do that. Nothing special.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

ridindave
on Sep 4, 2005 at 12:26:51 am

You have to move your exact plane path from C4D to AE, and then apply that motion path to the Particular generator position.

As only light objects get thru C4D to AE, you need to attach a 0% light to your plane jets, et rerender to generate a correct AE file.
In AE you now see the light object moving the exact same path as in C4D. So you just need to take that position parameter and link it to Particular birth point, by copy-pasting or with a very simple expression on Particular birth point, where you just pickwhip light layer position.

There is a bug in C4D when generating AE file : In the AE camera, focal distance is badly keyframed, but the very first keyframe is ok. If focal is fixed, keep this first one, and trash others.

Don't forget to render in solo frontmost objects in C4D if your Particular layer is supposed to pass behind 3D objects...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]