FORUMS: list search recent posts

complicated particular question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moraito
complicated particular question
on Aug 23, 2005 at 6:43:46 pm

ok guys, here is my dilema:
I have an emiter emitting particles. These particles are custom images from inside another composition. Say I have 10 images inside a layer. All are one frame duration bumped up next to each other. A total of 10 frames for 10 images.
Now:
when i ask trapcode to randomly choose a frame and stop. "Random-Still frame" it works great. It randomly choses a frame for each particle that is emitted. The problem is that it's random!! It could ramdomly choose the same frame one after another and you end up seeing the same image come out of the emitter at some points.
not good. I dojn't want to see repeated images untill all images have been exhausted
Question:
Its it possible to tell it to ramdomly pick an image but not choose the same image untill all the images have been shown? or not even random, but to choose the following frame for each particle that comes out??

if not, I would have to animate each image seperatly if i do not want to see the same image again and again. :-(

i know it's a bit confusing, but my brain is fried from trying all morning. Any help would be great

Return to posts index

IHateScreenNames
Re: complicated particular question
on Aug 24, 2005 at 1:56:28 am

Try setting your Time Sampling to "Split Clip - Loop" and set "Number of Clips" to 10 (in your case, since you have 10 images over 10 frames).

Return to posts index

noboddy
Re: complicated particular question
on Jan 17, 2007 at 4:07:12 pm

I'm trying to solve this exact same issue and "Split Clip - Loop" is also repeating images, similar to "Random - Still Frame." Anyone else have ideas about how to emit images only once with Particular? For example, after emitting 10 images, how do I then stop Particular from repeating these?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]