FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Particular "explode" a layer?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
IHateScreenNames
Can Particular "explode" a layer?
on Aug 23, 2005 at 4:35:12 am

I want to have a logo disintegrate into particles gradually from top to bottom (or left to right, whatever) to wipe the logo off screen. Can I do this with Particular? If so, could you give me some pointers on how?

Thanks in advance,

IHSN

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Can Particular "explode" a layer?
on Aug 23, 2005 at 8:48:45 am

No not, really. You can use Particular as a layer emitter to beef up the effect with smoke and sparks etc., but the actual destruction must be done with Masking techniques, Shatter or Particle Playground. Particular won't do that for you.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

IHateScreenNames
on Aug 23, 2005 at 12:56:41 pm

Thanks for your response. After playing with Particular for about an hour on it I figured I was either missing something or it wasn't possible and I was hopeing I wouldn't have to use Particle Playground. I prefer to use Particular for all the obvious reasons (speed, ease of use, etc).

Thanks again

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on Aug 24, 2005 at 3:02:36 pm

How about blending a particular explosion with a Ball Action or Shatter effect?

Return to posts index

IHateScreenNames
on Aug 24, 2005 at 3:36:29 pm

That is what I've ended up doing. I started out with PP but I can't obviously set it up to use custom shapes for the Layer Explode. So I'm using Shatter, where I can use custom shapes. My next step is to put Particular to work filling out the effect.

Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

Biggie
on Aug 26, 2005 at 6:27:04 pm

Hmm, seems to me Particular can do this. You could use the layer you want to be "exploded" as the emitter layer and offset the affect position value in Turbulence Field, with a little masking/opacity of a duplicate explosion layer overtop the particle one, it should look pretty convincing. Sort of like the first two steps in this tutorial, just backwards and probably without the spin.

http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae51_e.html

Am I crazy? Seems like I'm the only one that thinks Particular can do this. I'm not at my comp with Particular right now so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

If anyone tries this let me know if it works.

Biggie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]