FORUMS: list search recent posts

t_smoketype

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamski
t_smoketype
on Aug 20, 2005 at 2:38:59 pm

Where do you specify what word you want t_smoketype to spell out in smoke? The preset types out "TYPE", but I can't seem to find where you change that.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: t_smoketype
on Aug 20, 2005 at 6:11:40 pm

Search this forum. Nothing more needs to be said.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

jamski
on Aug 20, 2005 at 6:51:33 pm

Thank you so much for your helpful tip. I love it when people on forums give the answer, "search for it."

Yes, I know it probably was discussed before. And yes, I did a search for t_smoketype BEFORE I posted that question. That search yielded no response.

So, to pursue this matter further, would it hurt for you to tell me what search terms to search for?

I know there are people out there who hate to read repeat questions. But, isn't that what forums are for? Helpful interactions? If no repeat questions were ever permitted or tolerated, forums should be read-only.

I suggest in the future rather than putting effort into responding "search for it," just don't bother replying at all.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Aug 20, 2005 at 7:40:15 pm

[jamski] "Thank you so much for your helpful tip. I love it when people on forums give the answer, "search for it."

Yes, I know it probably was discussed before. And yes, I did a search for t_smoketype BEFORE I posted that question. That search yielded no response.

So, to pursue this matter further, would it hurt for you to tell me what search terms to search for?

I know there are people out there who hate to read repeat questions. But, isn't that what forums are for? Helpful interactions? If no repeat questions were ever permitted or tolerated, forums should be read-only.

I suggest in the future rather than putting effort into responding "search for it," just don't bother replying at all."

Umm, but then again shouldn't you get into a mode of more abstraction and look for words such as "Smoke", "Type" and "Preset"? Really, I wonder if you are expecting Google to find the address of your mother by typing in "my mum". I don't mind answering questions, but I really don't like people who put not enough effort into solving there problems on their own if the solution litterally bytes them in the nose. And yes, I would go even so far as to say that even a simple look in the generic AE help would have solved your problem - it would have told you about the wonderful "U" shortcut which is all you need in this case. So really, how can you expect me to be nice to you if you are being so sloppy? Now yell at me all you want, I never made any claim or pretence to being nice. I'm just the same guy I ever was.

Yours grumpy

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Joshua Stanley
on Aug 23, 2005 at 3:27:17 pm

jamski-
The word is created by animating the position of the emmiter. if you look at the position in the preset, you will see keyframes that create the word TYPE. Change those to the word you want to write.

Josh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]