FORUMS: list search recent posts

particular: emitting in the shape of a layer

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
finn
particular: emitting in the shape of a layer
by
on Aug 9, 2005 at 5:26:31 am

i've gone thru all the help files, looked at all the tutorials on trapcode.com, and for the life of me i can't figure this out, i feel like an idiot. i've looked at the last 6 months of posts on here as well.

let's say i have a PSD of some text- how do i make the particles come from that layer so that it looks like the particles are kind of filling it and rising up? i've set the emitter to layer, but it doesn't do what i want- it just kind of emits them from a point above the text, not so much in the shape of the text.

sorry, i'm sure this comes up all the time, if you can point me to a post or tutorial, i'd be really grateful.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: particular: emitting in the shape of a layer
on Aug 9, 2005 at 8:42:48 am

well, there's a million ways this can be setup, but I'll give you just some pointers on what you might do wrong:

- layer sampling is not set to birth
- you are changing size or opacity of the particle
- your particles are too fast

You can not avoid avoid the "hovering" entirely, though. the birth time of a particle is evaluated dynamically and can actually be inbetween frames, so it would already have traveeld some distance in that time and it looks like it's popping on atop of the layer.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

finn
Re: particular: emitting in the shape of a layer
by
on Aug 9, 2005 at 2:20:13 pm

thank you for the tips, i'll experiment some more and see what i come up with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]