FORUMS: list search recent posts

fake the DOF or create instances ---

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholastoth
fake the DOF or create instances ---
on Aug 4, 2005 at 1:09:31 pm

anyone familiar with faking depth of feild in particular?
or a way to make each particle an individual layer instance? (bake particles in ae?)

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: fake the DOF or create instances ---
on Aug 4, 2005 at 3:59:42 pm

Look at my website,there's apreset that contains atechnique for fake Z-depth. Not perfect, but usable

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Nicholastoth
on Aug 4, 2005 at 7:16:09 pm

thanks!
hey let me ask you a question, what kind of computer are you running? mine is DYING using particular, (i'm throwing 200,000 particles/sec for about 5 frames)
i have a single 1.8 g5 w/4.5 gigs of ram ---

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Aug 5, 2005 at 4:45:13 am

Hehe, that's massive and I'm sure even my dual proc 3 GHz workstations would not improve that much. I think such large numbers of particles are still better handled by 3D programs (without fancies such as numerous collisions, of course) In this case you would be better off building custom particles that mimic the behavior of multiple particles in Particular. From the large number of particles you use I think you are trying to do some cloud or massive swarm and if so, nobody would notice it because a singel particle in such an environment is hardly discernible.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Aug 5, 2005 at 4:51:54 am

Hehe, that's massive and I'm sure even my dual proc 3 GHz workstations would not improve that much. I think such large numbers of particles are still better handled by 3D programs (without fancies such as numerous collisions, of course) In this case you would be better off building custom particles that mimic the behavior of multiple particles in Particular. From the large number of particles you use I think you are trying to do some cloud or massive swarm and if so, nobody would notice it because a singel particle in such an environment is hardly discernible.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]